Saturday 15 January 2011

Razzaq wants to retire after 2012 Twenty20 World Cup

Pakistan elegant all rounder Abdul Razzaq, has decided to quits after the 2012 T20 World Cup.

"It is something I have been thinking about for a while now and I intend to retire after the T20 World Cup 2012," said Razzaq.

He expressed that retirement is a very difficult decision for any senior player but form and fitness urges to do so.

"Looking at my form and fitness, I see myself walking away after the 2012 World Twenty20. During this time I would try to finish my career on a high, which is very important for me so. I would like to give as much as I can to my country," Razzaq told 'Express Tribune' in an interview.

"I am playing because I believe I have cricket left in me. I want to win the World Cup for the country before retirement. And considering my current form I feel I will be able to do well for Pakistan in the tournament."

Razzaq told that playing for Pakistan has always been an honor for him

No comments:

Post a Comment